Sunday, 08 July 2012 by Berneta Peeples
Linda Johnston, AIA, NCARB, recently employed as architect for the restoration of the 1874 former Episcopal Church building at 438 N. Wall St., will be the speaker for the July 9 meeting of the 1874 Old Church Restoration Committee.
Time and place of the meeting will be announced.
In accepting the appointment Linda Johnston told the committee that the firm will keep the same four-member architectural team "will be on the job from the first commitment until after the job is completed."
The L.S. Johnston Austin-based firm will provide a design process for adaptive restoration of the native rock building and design for future use.
She was the architect for the restoration-adaptation of the old First Baptist Church in Killeen for the Arts and Activities Center in Killeen.
Beverly Zendt has volunteered to serve as grants writer to help secure foundation funding for the restoration project.